Speaking And Listening
At The Free School Norwich we aim to provide a supportive and enriching environment where all children develop the knowledge and skills needed to become effective communicators within and beyond the classroom. Through our English Curriculum, we strive to teach children how important their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills will be in the real world. We enable them to not only communicate with others effectively for a variety of purposes but also to examine their own and others’ experiences, feelings and ideas therefore equipping children to be life-long learners.
- To ensure that all children become effective communicators within and beyond the classroom.
- For our children to be able to speak clearly, fluently and coherently, to be able to listen attentively with understanding, pleasure and empathy and contribute to group discussions effectively
- For our pupils to acquire a wide vocabulary for spoken language
- For our pupils to rehearse their writing orally
- For our pupils to use discussion in order to learn, to elaborate and to explain clearly their understanding and ideas
- For our pupils to develop competence and fluency in the arts of speaking and listening, presenting, sharing, participating and debating
- For our pupils to gain the confidence to speak in front of an audience.